Tuesday, April 1, 2014

15 Minute Bathroom Cleaning Routine

It's April! And when I think of April, I think of Spring Cleaning! I wanted to share my quick, 15 minute or less bathroom cleaning routine that I love!
  1. Make sure you have all of your supplies with you. I highly recommend a cleaning caddy, so all your products and tools are portable and right at your fingertips. I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. It is the Casabella Nesting Storage Caddy. It cost $5.99 and nests in a 4-gallon bucket. My bathroom cleaning tools:
    - 3-4 Microfiber Cloths
    - Toilet Bowl Brush
    - Swiffer Mop
    - Rubber Gloves
    - Toilet Bowl Cleaner
    - All-Purpose Cleaner
    - Glass Cleaner
    Time: 1 minute
  2. Remove trash can, soap dispenser, tissue box, and decor out of the bathroom so they are out of the way. Time: 1 minute
  3. Start with the toilet bowl. Squirt toilet bowl cleaner around the perimeter of the bowl and scrub with a toilet bowl brush. Place the brush between the rim of the bowl and the seat to let dry. Time: 1 minute
  4. Move on to the mirror. Spray with glass cleaner and wipe with a microfiber cloth. Time: 1 minute
  5. Next up is the counter top. Spray with an all-purpose cleaner and wipe clean with a different microfiber cloth. Make sure to get the faucet, especially at the base where dirt and grim often build up. Time: 2 minutes
  6. Go back to the toilet and spray the exterior (lid down) with an all-purpose cleaner (you will need to move your drying toilet bowl brush...I usually use the sink or a shower). Wipe exterior of toilet clean with a new microfiber cloth. Clean the bottom side of the toilet lid and then the seat, top then bottom side. And finally, spray and wipe the rim of the bowl. (I consider this cleaning from the cleanest part of the toilet to the dirtiest last.) Time: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
  7. Finally, clean the floor. I like to attach a clean microfiber cloth to my Swiffer and spray the floor with an all-purpose cleaner, or other cleaner, depending on what type of floor you have (all of our bathrooms are tile). Using a microfiber cloth and cleaner saves me money on those expensive refills! Time: 4 minutes, 30 seconds
  8. Return everything back to the bathroom. Time: 1 minute
If you add in cleaning a shower or tub, you can probably add about 5 minutes to this routine. But for a quick and easy cleaning, this routine works well!

http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2014/04/one-project-at-a-time-4114.html

No comments:

Post a Comment