Friday, May 2, 2014

Take Back Your Kitchen in 31 Days: Day 2 - Oven Exterior

Today, we are wiping down and cleaning the exterior of our oven. This includes the door, knobs,  stove top, under the stove top, and hood.

I have an electric stove top with drip pans and coils. When this one dies, we plan to get a smooth top, but in the mean time, I will just dream about it.

I started from the top of the oven, with the hood. Mostly, it was just dusty. Then I moved on to the knobs. I took them off and wiped them down. Underneath was pretty gross too.

On to the stove top. I used a steel wool pad to get most of the grime off the drip pans. I think these are original with the oven (13 years old), so I couldn't get it all off.
Moving on to under the stove top. I have been known to have a few pots of water boil over, and of course it spills down and goes under the stove top. And then I forget about it. It took a bit of scrubbing, but I was very pleased with how much came up. It's shiny again!
And finally, the oven door. It had little hand prints all over it!

Tomorrow, we will clean out the interior of the oven.

http://idratherbeorganizing.blogspot.com/p/take-back-your-kitchen-in-31-days.html

No comments:

Post a Comment